Sunday, February 3, 2008

Simplicity



It's the simple things that leave the greatest impression. Funny isn't it? It isn't about how much money is spent or how big the gift or event or gesture that we remember the most. Instead, it's the kind words of encouragement or a hopeful smile. This morning Liam and I held hands as we walked to the bus stop and were rhyming words - he giggled the whole time. It didn't cost me a dime and yet... well, you know. The kids and I are going to make Valentine's Day cards tonight with recycled paper and bits and pieces of things we have in our art "treasure" box for their classmates. How's that for a simple yet special thing to do? I just brought in the cutest cards to the shop. They're handcrafted on recycled paper - Bellecarte and My Circle of Friends Notecards. They are beautiful and they are blank inside so that you can use them for any occassion. So, if you aren't able to make your own Valentine's Day cards this year, come down and get one of these cards for your funny Valentine and check out our Valentine's Day baskets too. Always wanting to hear about simple things.

2 comments:

Laura Jennekens and Vicky Gerke said...

I love your new blog Helen. Keep up the great work at Dandelion Mud Pie. There isn't another store like yours in the city.
Laura
PS. Our friends LOVED the organic cotton baby clothes I got from you.

Helen Nestor said...

Yeaaaa, my first comment!!! And here I was thinking no one actually read my blog. Well, it's all up from here. Thanks Laura!!! I'm so glad your friends liked the baby organic cotton clothes. Wait until you see what I'm bringing in for the spring. The cutest baby clothes you've ever seen. Makes me almost want to have another one - ha, no not really.
Helen

 
Designed by Lena